There is a lot of information and advice rolling around the internet on this topic. I like to keep it simple, so here is what works for me. I Focus on Food, Fitness, and Fun.
1. Eat clean, find a balance of fats, proteins and carbs (in that order) that can power your day.
2. Breakfast is not mandatory.
3. Intermittent fasting combined with occasional longer fasts.
2. More time on your feet then on your butt.
3. Time in the gym should be used for training a specific activity or function.
4. Cardio and strength + function (jiu jitsu, yoga)
1. Adventures that involve other people and physical activity drive a desire to increase both health and fitness.
3. Do what the kids want to do.
1. Keep track and follow up by writing down goals and measuring progress.
2. I like stats and simple apps.
3. Friends and friendly competition help drive good behaviors
4. Share goals and progress along with lapses and set backs.
That’s it, the 4F’s. simple and worth it.
What’s your strategy for increasing health and fitness?
If you want to discuss things a little further, check out our closed facebook discussion group to share your thoughts and join in the discussion. Or you can email me directly at Jon@masteryofskill.com. If you are interested in further reading check out other Food for Thought articles and learn all about the Archetypes of Skill. You can also sign up to receive The Friday Huddle, a short weekly email from me that gives you the tips, insights, and musings that have gotten me through the week.